5 Tips for Small Business Owners to Improve Their Sales Skills
Sales and marketing can be daunting for small business owners, but it’s essential for success. In a recent podcast episode, guest Liz Relli, founder of Sales Savvy, shared her experience and expertise in sales and marketing. Here are five tips for small business owners to improve their sales skills:
1. Identify your ideal client through marketing research: Knowing who your ideal client is will help you create targeted sales and marketing strategies.
2. Prospect creatively: Don’t rely solely on social media for prospecting. Look for ways to create prospecting lists, such as using directories from local business journals or targeting companies that have been recognized for their growth or positive work environment.
3. Follow-up consistently: It takes up to 21 touches to build a relationship with a potential client, so be creative with your follow-up methods. Personalized video emails, mailing small gifts, or dropping by a client’s business with a treat can make a lasting impression.
4. Personalize your sales and marketing efforts: Send articles related to the prospect’s industry or interests to make sales emails more personal. Remember the importance of personalization in building relationships with clients.
5. Track your calls and follow up when promised: Keeping track of your sales calls and following up when promised shows your commitment to your clients and builds trust.
By following these tips, small business owners can improve their sales skills and overcome the fear of sales. Remember, sales and marketing are interconnected, and having a clear understanding of the ideal client is essential for success.
Are you frustrated that your business isn’t growing? Messy to Magnetic: Unlocking the Secret to Effective Marketing is a free course that goes over the top 10 mistakes small business owners make with attracting their ideal client and converting those clients to leads. Click here for your free gift!
Join Lori’s private Facebook group – Make Your Marketing Simple. Lori interviews her guests in the group (giving you advance listening!) and has a community of small business owners just like yourself to connect and grow their businesses. Join now!
Schedule a Website Biz Accelerator. Answer just a few questions and Lori will audit your website for the ONE biggest change you can make to your site to get more clients. Schedule here.