5 Life Skills Every 18-Year-Old Should Learn: Insights from Jackie Martin on the Encore Entrepreneur Podcast
Jackie Martin, founder of A Matter of Motivation and Be More Learning, recently joined Lori Lyons on the Encore Entrepreneur podcast to talk about her journey as an entrepreneur and the importance of teaching life skills to young people. In this episode, Jackie shares valuable insights into the challenges and rewards of running a nonprofit organization that focuses on developing life skills in teenagers. Here are the top five life skills every 18-year-old should learn, according to Jackie:
- Communication: Effective communication is essential for success in any field. Young people should learn how to express their ideas clearly and listen actively to others.
- Integrity: Honesty, trustworthiness, and ethical behavior are crucial for building strong relationships and a successful career.
- Resilience: Life is full of challenges, and young people need to learn how to bounce back from setbacks and stay motivated in the face of adversity.
- Budgeting: Financial literacy is a critical life skill that young people often lack. Understanding how to manage money, budget, and save is essential for achieving financial stability.
- Time Management: With so many distractions and demands on their time, young people need to learn how to prioritize and manage their time effectively to achieve their goals.
Jackie emphasizes the need for parents, schools, and communities to work together to provide young people with the support and education they need to succeed. She also encourages listeners to get involved with Be More Learning, a nonprofit organization that offers training and workshops on these essential life skills. Whether through volunteering, donating, or participating in their programs, everyone can play a role in helping young people develop the skills they need to thrive in the real world.